Halloween is here! Hope you have some ghostly activities coming up.
For many businesses, the end-of year rush starts in November. Budgets to review, security to check, support tickets to address.
So I thought today was a good time for a reminder: Patch your servers before year’s end!
Microsoft released a bunch of patches for its application servers, these past couple months. Cumulative Updates for Lync, Exchange Server, SharePoint and others.
If your network automatically patches servers, you’re all set. If not, these are the latest server patches from Microsoft (with URLs for your easy download):
- Updates for Lync Server 2013 (latest updates: September 2014)
- September 2014 Update for Lync 2013 Client
- Lync Phone Edition Updates: August 2014, for:
- Cumulative Update for SharePoint Foundation 2013 (latest updates: September 2014)
- Cumulative Update for SharePoint Server 2013 (latest updates: September 2014)
You Wouldn’t Want Zombie Servers, Would You?
Schedule it for November 3rd. Set it to remind you every quarter. Your Lync Server will thank you.
Not patching is what leaves servers vulnerable to slowdown and attack. You wouldn’t want any servers to suffer a malware infestation or a hacker break-in, would you?
There’s plenty of zombies coming to the streets on Friday night. We don’t need any more in the datacenter.
Have a safe and happy Halloween! We’ll see you back here next week.